The Indo Swiss Old Students’ Association (ISTCOSA) was formed to bring the alumni under one umbrella. Since then the association has risen from being merely a gathering for various activities like lunch and dinner Get Together to a strong fraternity with goals and achievements.
Members and friends in different parts of the world with a will to promote fraternity gathered and helped set the goals and formulated methods to achieve set goals. The governing body is elected with members having positive social experiences.
Name - The name of the Association shall be INDO-SWISS TRAINING CENTRE OLD STUDENTS ASSOCIATION (ISTCOSA)
Registered Office – The Registered office of the ASSOCIATION
shall be in the Union Territory of Chandigarh and at present shall be at ISTC
Hostel, Indo-Swiss Training Centre, CSIO,
Area of Operation
– Entire Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Aims & Objectives
To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction within the alumni and between the Alumni & present students of ISTC.
- To encourage the formation of Chapters/ Coordinators as a means to increase the participation of Alumni.
- To encourage the Alumni to take an active and abiding interest in the work and progress of the Institute so as to contribute towards enhancement of the social utility of their Alma Mater.
- To organize and establish scholarship/ Award/ Reward funds to help the needy and deserving students.
- To institute prizes and awards for outstanding & innovative works or other professional activity by the Alumni or present students of the Institute; also to suitably recognize outstanding social and community service by the Alumni and the students.
To undertake to organize activities of a civic or charitable nature so as to increase public awareness of the role of technology in value addition in the economic and social development of the nation.
- To invest and deal with the funds & moneys of the Association.
- To do all such other lawful things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the above objectives and/or beneficial to the interests of the Institute and its Alumni.
- To take advantage of developing technologies like the internet in achieving the aims and objectives of the Association.
- To provide whatever assistance possible during natural calamities like floods, earthquakes, famine etc.
- To organize charitable & social activities like blood donation, free medical check-up camps etc.
OBJECTIVES ANCILLARY TO THE ACHIEVEMENT OF MAIN OBJECTIVES :
To create, takeover, alter and maintain buildings for the purpose of the Association.
- To do such other things/ acts/ activities which are necessary and may be incidental conducive to the attainment of the objectives of the Association
- To acquire by purchase, donation or otherwise, any movable and/or immovable properties, rights, interests and titles in the interest of the ASSOCIATION and its objectives and to manage them.
- To cooperate and affiliate with other institutions whose objectives are similar to those of the Association.
- To form Committees & Sub-Committees for the attainment of aims & objectives of the Association.
ISTCOSA is registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860 with following Terms & Conditions
All the income, earning, moveable & immovable properties of the Association shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objectives only, as set forth in the Memorandum of Association and no profit on thereof shall be paid or transferred, directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits or any manner whatsoever to the present or past members of the association or to any person claiming through any one or more of the present or past members. No member shall claim any movable or immovable properties of the association or make any profits whatsoever, by virtue of this membership.
- No member of the Governing Body/ Executive Committee of the Association shall be appointed to any salaried office of the Association and no remuneration shall be given by the Association to any member of such Governing Body/ Executive
- Committee except repayment of out-of-pocket expenses and interest on money lent or spent for the Association.
- The association, by its constitution, is required to apply its profits, if any or other income in promoting its objectives.
If upon winding up or dissolution of the Association, there remains, after realization of its debts & liabilities, any property
- whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the Association but shall be given or transferred to some other institution having objectives similar to the objectives of the Association and to be determined by the members of the Association at or before the time of dissolution.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- OSA/ISTCOSA/ISOSA/ Association” means Indo-Swiss Training Centre Old Students Association i.e. ISTCOSA, a non-profit making organization.
- The “Institute” means Indo-Swiss Training Centre, Chandigarh.
- The ‘Governing Body’ or ‘Executive Committee’ means the Executive Committee of the Association.
- The “Executive Member” means the member of the Executive Committee/ Governing Body of the ASSOCIATION.
- The “Secretary” means the General Secretary of ISTCOSA.
- “Alumnus” means an ex-student of the Institute, who has successfully passed-out from Indo-Swiss Training Centre, Chandigarh.
- The “Financial Year” of the Association shall be reckoned every year from 1st April to 31st March of the following year. It will function as a non-profit making organization without any commercial consideration, whatsoever may be the activity.
- Chief Patron: Director, Central Scientific Instruments Organization, Chandigarh shall be ex-officio Chief Patron of the Association.
- Patron: Principal, Indo-Swiss Training Centre, Chandigarh and /or any other person whom the General Body enrolls as Patron, if it is considered that it is in the interest of the Association to do so on the recommendation of the Executive Committee of the Association.
Any student who successfully passes-out from Indo-Swiss Training Centre, Chandigarh is deemed to be a member of the Association.
LIFE MEMBERSHIP :
Any ex-student who passed out of ISTC and registers with the association with a one time fee of Rs. 8000/-
- All members are entitled to receive all announcements etc. (posting of such announcements on the website shall amount to their being received by the members) connected with the activities of the Association, the Alumni News and also participate in all social functions and other activities of the Association..
- All members will also be beneficiaries of any schemes or assistance programmes administered by the Association..
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
- A member may be expelled from the membership of the Association, on the recommendation of the Executive Committee, by 3/5th majority of the General Body members present & voting if he/ she is found not abiding the rules & regulations of the
Association and working against the interest of the Association.
- A member also loses his/ her membership if he/ she resigns, becomes of unsound mind or is convicted of a criminal offence by a court of law in India.
- The membership of a person comes to an end in case any member dies. The membership in case of death of a member is not hereditary.
If any member of the Association is expelled by the Governing Body due to any reason, he/ she can be re-admitted provisionally, provided the member concerned pays all up-to-date dues and fines, with permission of the Executive Committee. His/ her membership shall be regularized after ratification by the General Body.
RIGHTS & PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERS:
- All members of the Association shall have the right to be present at any ISTCOSA meetings/Events
- Only Life Members shall have the right to vote at all General Body meetings and hold any office of the Association on duly elected thereto.
- To enjoy all privileges available from time to time to other members.